jigsaw whanganui is a well-established charitable trust. Through its various services our professional team works alongside whānau and families in Whanganui, Rangitīkei and Ruapehu to provide good care and nurture to their children. The agency has a reputation for strong teamwork, professional excellence, respectful relationships, extensive networks and an absolutely commitment to the integrity of families and children’s wellbeing.
Our social work team engages intensely with whānau and families in their own homes. They assist families who are challenged by complex needs – health, disability, inadequate resources, violence, trauma, poor attachment, learning impairments, relationship breakdowns – to build reliance and hope.
Due to a pending retirement we are seeking a well-experienced, qualified, competent and registered social worker (or similar) to join our intensive-home-based social work team. We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate:
• a track record of competent social work practice alongside whānau and families
• an absolute commitment to the integrity of whānau and families
• the capacity to engender change and hope in the face of pain and adversity
• a sound understanding of children’s safety and wellbeing
• the ability to establish and grow effective relationships with diverse people across our extensive networks
• a very high level of personal integrity and reliability
• an absolute commitment to non-violence in their personal and professional life
• growing competence through effective use of supervision and other supports
The successful applicant must have access to a reliable vehicle (mileage is reimbursed), be willing to work across the agency’s service delivery area, and meet the requirement of the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
jigsaw whanganui provides a highly supportive and nurturing team environment, committed to social justice and growing excellent practice. We are offering a competitive remuneration package that includes professional development and registration.
Applications close at noon Wednesday 21st February. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be conducted on Wednesday 28 February.